2017 Q1 FAL List

I prepared my 2017 Q1 FAL list with both my quilty goals and my word of the year in mind.  I've got lots going on both at home and at work right now, but I still want to spend a little bit of time sewing each day. Most of these projects don't have a deadline but if I manage to sit at my sewing machine for at least one hour every day, I should be able to finish all five before the end of the quarter.

So here it goes...

1.  Montreal MQG Metro Challenge quilt

 
The Montreal Metro (subway system) is 50 years-old this year.  The Montreal MQG wanted to celebrate by challenging its members to design and make a quilt inspired by a metro station in Montreal.  I chose the Verdun station - it's the one I get off at every day after work, on my way home so this station is a happy one for me.  :-)  I have a design and a fabric pull.  This is the only project with a deadline - the quilt needs to be finished in time for our March meeting on March 14.


2.  Tula Pink City Sampler


I participated in the Instagram #100day100blocks sew along in the Fall and finished putting my quilt top together in November.  I would really like to have this one quilted and bound by the end of March.


3.  The Missing U


Amy from The Turquoise Button and I are making a The Missing U quilt from our scraps and sewing along on Instagram. The pattern is from the book Sunday Morning Quilts by Amanda Jean Nyberg and Cheryl Arkinson.  I attended a trunk show by Cheryl in October and saw her The Missing U and I fell in love.  I've got one block done so far, but these go together so quickly, I'm sure I'll be able to finish it by March 31.  You can also check out Amy's blocks on IG @theturquoisebutton.


4.  Green Log Cabins


I made a couple of wonky log cabin blocks with my green scraps a few months ago.  I have lots of green scraps so took those out again this week and will be making more blocks.  Hoping to have a finished quilt by the end of the quarter.


5.  Black and White Bed Runner


Months ago (maybe even over a year ago), my mom hinted that she would love a black & white bed runner for her bedroom and that if I wanted to throw some red pieces in there, she would really love it!  In an effort to use up more of my scraps, I started making slab blocks in those colours during my vacation over the Holidays.  I already have ten blocks done so I'm pretty confident I can have that one completed too.


And that's my list.  I will be linking up with everyone else over at the Q1 FAL linky.

Don't forget the link-up closes this weekend...  Get those lists done and link up with us.  :-)

Comments

  1. Beautiful quilts!
    I went to grad school in Montreal 1999-2001 and lived near the Charlevoix station...I don't remember much colour at that station!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome projects :) Did you know thst there is a new fibers Art Studio that just opened in Verdun? She plan to have a long arm!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to the progress on these beautiful projects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great list, Izzy! I can't wait to see your metro challenge completed - it's sure to be stunning :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Izzy, thank you for the mention. I am absolutely in love with the green wonky log cabins. I have tons of teal so I may have to make some of those too! Good luck on your finishes, I know you will do it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely projects to be busy with for this quarter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking forward to seeing your Metro quilt progress. I like that you added sashing to your Tula Pink blocks. I didn't bother with mine. Good luck with your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great list! Wishing you a productive quarter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your projects all sound fun and manageable. Hope you enjoy swithing around and sewing almost every day - so sending some motivation to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love when our guild has challenges, I'm binding one right now. Good luck with yours. The city sampler is stunning. Fun times ahead hosting the 2017 FAL.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the Verdun Station design and will be watching the progress. Love the colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What lovely projects you have on the go - I love the colours in your challenge quilt. Good luck with them all!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're city sampler is wonderful! Thank you for being a FAL host!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What fun projects to work on this quarter. Your rainbow city sampler is stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment