2017 Plans...

Yvonne from Quilting Jet Girl is having a planning party over on her blog and there are really nice prizes to win - so I thought I'd participate and start making plans for 2017.


2017 Planning Party


I decided not to make a long list of plans and projects this year.  I really only have two goals: sew from my stash and use up my scraps.  Both are getting out of control - I spent a bit of time sorting through my stash and my scraps last week and I know that I could probably make 100 quilts and still not run out of fabric.

Let's start with sewing my stash.  This year, I will not buy any fabric without having a purpose or plan for it.  And most of my purchases this year will be background or backing fabric.  To keep me on track, I will report on my stash reduction efforts at least on a monthly basis.

Second, I will tame my scraps. My goal is that at least half of my completed projects this year will be entirely constructed with scraps (with the exception of neutrals or fabric needed for background and backing).

This is my system for organizing stash and scraps - maybe I also need a new system!  :-)

And that's it.  Only two crafty/quilty goals for the year.



Comments

  1. Good goals for 2017. Hope you have success in both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are two great goals and I am sure having such a curated list will make it easier to achieve! I hope you have a wonderful 2017 and thank you so much for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, need to tame my scraps. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two very worthy goals - good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sound like you are set on working at your goals - that's a good start! Hope you enjoy putting together fabrics from your stash and creating beautiful quilts through 2017 ☺

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck - I would love to have stash/scraps like yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great goals! Now to decide which quilts you will be making! Have you got a long list?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you can accomplish a lot with your goals. I am looking forward to seeing progress reports!

    Pam
    pearbour@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think all the fabric I purchased this year was for a specific project or background fabric. It felt great! I wish you the best with your goals for 2017.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are realistic goals......My scraps are over flowing too..... I think I won't bough myself down with maybe just 3 this year???? When I make the long list ,well nothing EVER gets done...lol [ I also have a house I have to purge....That depresses more than anything.....Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been tracking my stash use / purchases for about 2 years and it's really neat to see the amount of fabric that we do use in the course of a year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It sounds like two fun goals. I love scrap quilts and making do with what's in the stash.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both great goals! I have similar ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment