TGIFF: A Super-sized Spiraled

Welcome to TGIFF!

I'm so proud of my finish today - I worked hard to get it all done in time for my turn to host TGIFF.

Back in July, Debbie who blogs at A Quilter's Table, posted a tutorial for her fabulous Spiraled design.  I loved the quilt when she first posted her original design so when I saw the tutorial, I added it to my To Do List.

When I decided to finally make my own version of Spiraled, I started wondering how it would look "super-sized".  So I went with 4" finished HSTs, but otherwise followed Debbie's directions.  The finished size is 68" x 64".


I used scraps for every HST and paired them with Kona Ash for the background.  I finished the top before the holidays and then it stayed in my sewing room because I couldn't decide how I wanted to quilt it.

A few weeks ago, I basted it and started quilting.  I went with dense back and forth lines in the coloured blocks and a design I learned from Angela Walters in the negative space (it's called sea foam).



The backing is a fun print I purchased from Connecting Threads.  And for the binding, I went with the Kona Ash.  I wanted to try doing a matched binding like Debbie did with her Spiraled quilts, but I was running out of time!


And now it's your turn!  Do you have a finish to share?  If you do, link up below!  And don't forget to visit other blogs!

Izzy

P.S.  I'll also be sharing this finish at Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish It Up Friday.  And this is Project #2 on my Q1 FAL list.


Comments

  1. I love this quilt. The colours are beautiful, but your quilting is wow!!!! Great finish

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great sized up! Love your quilting and the colour choices were brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilting is astounding! Love what you did to that negative space. Also the different values of the fabrics you used look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving your quilting, you've made this quilt your own, fabulous work - Chris :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yeah! Love how you made it your own! Your quilting is just lovely....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great use of your scraps, very economical. I really like the Kona Ash, I haven't seen that shade before (limited choice in my local shops), it works well. Perfect backing too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a finish! Your quilting is out of this world! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the quilting, it adds such great texture to an awesome design!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your quilt is gorgeous!! Thanks for hosting the link up this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is amazing! The quilting is just perfect! Congrats on a beautiful finish!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is just gorgeous - your quilting is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this. What a great job you did on the piecing and the quilting! I am encouraged.....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your quilt is so striking, and the quilting is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this so so much! Kona ash is my favorite gray to use. Your quilting is perfection! You're inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's a beautiful finish! Your quilting is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your quilt. Great colours. Will have to go check out the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful quilt and quilting. Love how you used the scraps. Thank you for hosting this week.

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your quilt is fantastic! I love the colors, and that quilting is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wowsers Izzy! What a beautiful quilt and the quilting is amazing!! Fantastic finish :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think the quilting on this turned out great! Beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  21. that looks fabulous! your quilting is amazing! thanks for hosting

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fabulous finish! I love the brights against the Kona Ash and the quilting is incredible. You should bump up the size of your blog pics to show it off even better!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is such a beautiful quilt, and your quilting sets it all off so well...truly a treasure for generations to come! Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow what a striking quilt! I happen to have some Kona Ash that I haven't used yet...you may have provided yet another squirrel for my to chase after. Love your quilting, that sea foam of Angela's is fabulous; I have used it before myself. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. So envious of your FMQ skills lately! It looks fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Très jolies les petites bulles. Et je n'ose pas penser au temps que ça a pris pour toutes les faire. J'ai de la difficulté à imaginer un autre motif aussi simple qui prend autant de temps (et de fil).

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a beautiful finish! Your quilting is absolutely incredible. Thank you for participating in the FAL, on behalf of the 2016 global FAL hosts.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Nice to be visiting your blog again, it has been months for me. Well this article that i’ve been waited for so long. I need this article to complete my assignment in the college, and it has same topic with your article. Thanks, great share :

    cara menyembuhkan benjolan di belakang lutut
    cara mengobati gagap secara alami
    cara menghilangkan benjolan di selangkangan
    obat penghilang benjolan di pipi
    obat parkinson alami
    cara mengobati gusi bengkak
    cara menghilangkan sekelan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment