Color Block Pouch

I think I may have a problem...  I just want to keep making zipper pouches!

I'm working on a Christmas lap quilt this week, but I'm at the stage in the quilt making where I have to sew rows together and I'm not crazy about that step (all those loooooong seams!)  So I decided to take a break and make something small.

Then I remembered I saved a post from s.o.t.a.k. handmade at the beginning of the month.  She gathered 30 free tutorials or patterns for zipper pouches and put them all together in one blog post, which is awesome (she did the same thing for bags if those are more your thing!)

The Color Block Pouch tutorial was part of the list and I remembered that Debbie from A Quilter's Table made that pouch a little while ago.  The design is very striking and it looked easy enough so I pulled some fabrics and got started!


I found some leftover Curiosities by Jeni Baker for Art Gallery on my cutting table (I'm using it to make the Meadow Mystery Quilt) and then went through my solid scraps and found the perfect matches - Kona Charcoal and Kona White.

Debbie was right - the tutorial is super clear and the pouch is easy and quick to put together (about 2 hours from beginning to end).  I didn't have a 7" zipper on hand so used a 12" one but I think I might have cut it a bit short...

See that little gap at the end there? I don't think it's supposed to be there!
The other end looks pretty good though :-)


I used the Curiosities fabric for the back of the pouch too.



I don't really have a purpose for this pouch yet, but that doesn't really matter does it?  Maybe I could use it to carry my sewing supplies for the Montreal MQG sew-in days!

So that's my small finish for the week!  I'm going to link up at Crazy Mom Quilts and at Quilt Matters for TGIFF.

Comments

  1. No need to have a purpose, at least not in my book! ;-) This turned out darling! Love the Curiosities with the solids - very sweet finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I've been eyeing that tutorial as well. Love the design. Fab fabric choices, Isabelle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty pouch! Love the combo of orange, white and gray. And absolutely no need to have a purpose...I think those are often the best projects to work on :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what pretty colours - I can see why it was just wanting to be made!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Izzy, that turned out great! The charcoal is perfect with Curiosities!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You Never know when you'll need gift! It is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute pouch, I love making these for gifts, everyone loves them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great little pouch! You can never have too many zipper pouches :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha I'm the same way with zippered pouches.... I have a ton of them and still want more. Plus they're so satisfying to make! Well done, it's gorgeous... but then I'm biased to grey and orange triangles! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Keep making! Love this. The colors are superb.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a darling little pouch, you mixed the fabrics perfectly. And let's said it, one can never have too many pouches, there's always stuff to be stored ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment