The Colour Block Pouch x 10

Every Christmas, I make a small item for every lady in my family: my daughters and daughters-in-law, my mom and step-mom, my sister and my sister-in-laws (that's nine handmade presents). I usually choose one pattern and make nine items from it - changing the fabric choices to fit the recipient.

This year, I chose to make the Colour Block Pouch by Svetlana of s.o.t.a.k handmade. I had used her tutorial once before to make a pouch for myself so I knew this would be fun and quick to make.

I was so excited when I finished all my pouches (the day before Christmas!) that I forgot to take pictures of them all before I gifted them.  BUT I made an extra one for myself (you can never really have too many of these things!) so here it is!


I used some Zen Chic fabric for the pouches and paired them with fun coloured zippers. This one has a really cool blue zipper that doesn't match the blue in the Zen Chic print perfectly, but close enough is good enough right?

The lining is another Zen Chic print which I love!



These pouches didn't require any quilting because I used fusible fleece so they came together really quickly - I basically had a production line going!


The pouches were very well received by their recipients which is always good! 

If you're looking for a quick and yet super well designed pouch, I recommend you get this tutorial and make one... or ten!


I will be linking this small finish to Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish It Up Friday and at Rainbows. Bunnies. Cupcakes. for TGIFF.

Comments

  1. This is a great little zipper pouch! I've seen so many of these color block pouches and love them...I have got to break down and make one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh that is beautiful - such a clean finish to it and I love that you made one for everyone, handmade Christmas presents are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd take that pouch in a heartbeat. LOVE all those circles!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the fabrics. I'll have to go take a look at that tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a cute make! Thanks to your recommendation, I just downloaded the templates from s.o.t.a.k and know what my next quick project is gonna be. Don't you just love fusible fleece? I have used it in so many bags, and it is my favorite for placemats, too.
    Thanks for linking up with TGIFF and sharing your faboo finish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pouch. Assembly line sewing is the best! The tutorial looks great. I've saved it for future reference. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see your blog daily, it is crispy to study.
    Your blog is very useful for me & i like so much...
    Thanks for sharing the good information!
    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment