2017 FAL Q3 List

I feel as though my "day job" really interfered with my quilty accomplishments during quarter 2 of 2017.  Lots of hours spent at work means less hours spent at the sewing machine. So I wasn't very successful with my Q2 FAL list - out of 3 projects, I only managed to finish one (my Missing the U quilt).

But I'm hoping for a lot more free time over the next 3 months so here is my Q3 list.

1.  City Sampler


This one has been on my list for far too long now - it has to get done.

2.  Green Log Cabins


It seems as though no matter how many scrappy projects I put together, the scraps just keep coming. I would really love to put a dent in my green scraps by making an entire quilt out of green modern log cabin blocks.

3.  Harry Potter Quilt


A couple of months ago, my son Max asked me if I would teach him how to quilt. Little did I know that he already had a project AND a recipient in mind for his first quilt.  He came up with a lot of the design, ordered the fabric and pieced almost all of it himself.  We now need to put on a couple of borders, baste and quilt it!

4.  Improv Quarter Log Cabins


I was totally inspired by Debbie from A Quilter's Table when she shared her FAL list for Q3. She has the most beautiful scrappy improv quarter log cabins on there! And she even has a tutorial for these blocks.  I was playing with my scraps the other night and put this one block together and I think I like it!  Now I have to keep playing and maybe even sew a whole bunch of blocks.

5.  New Lunch Bag for me


When I made a lunch bag for my friend Debbie, I realized the one I had made for myself wasn't nearly as nice so I decided to make another one.  This time, I'm using Essex Linen for the exterior and a Kona blue for the accent fabric (can't remember the colour).  The exterior is almost done so this should be an easy finish this quarter.

That's it for this quarter.  You still have one day to link-up your list here on my blog or on the blog of any of the other global hosts!

Comments

  1. What a good list - a good variety of projects is always good. And yay for the quarter log cabins! I found them a very enjoyable sew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you more quilting time this quarter. That Harry Potter quilt is impressive! And I love your city sampler.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck meeting your goals this quarter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so awesome your son likes to quilt! My daughter won't touch it with a ten foot pole. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with your list. My day job also interferes, but sadly, the pay is needed to pay for my quilting pleasures. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing you more quilting time this quarter. That Harry Potter quilt is impressive!


    เย็ดสาว

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment