Pink Scrappy Mug Rugs

There are a number of projects I really should be working on right now - I haven't even started cutting my fabric for the Metro Challenge which is due for the March meeting of the Montreal MQG, I've only made two blocks for the Missing U quilt I'm making with Amy of The Turquoise Button and my mom's bed runner hasn't received any of my attention since Christmas.

But I seem to be going through a bit of a quilting funk this week.  I come downstairs every evening once the whole family is asleep and I sit and watch TV instead of sewing.

Last night however I was looking around at my sewing room and spotted my pink scrap bin sitting on my cutting table. And not far from it, some left over batting from my Carolina Lily quilt.  Then I remembered an Instagram post from my friend Shannon of s.f. Designs who makes the cutest mug rugs in the world!  :-)  (Seriously, check out that little owl mug rug she made this week!)

Before bed, I had two pink mug rugs - one for home and one for the office...


These were incredibly fun to make and they are adorable!!



Some of my very favourite fabrics are in there and it was so nice to use the small pieces to make something for myself.


And with that, I am once again motivated to make progress on my WIPs and get some bigger finishes off my FAL list.

How to you get out of a quilting funk?  Do you have small projects you turn to for a creativity booster?


These mug rugs may be small, but I think they should be celebrated too! So I'll be linking up at Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish It Up Friday and at Faith and Fabric for TGIFF.

Comments

  1. I love them, Izzy! And I'm so happy you made such cute mug rugs for your own enjoyment! Sometimes it does our soul some good to spoil ourselves :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think these are adorable! I have been in a quilting funk also. Sometimes I just crochet some dish cloths and then I realize I much prefer sewing and get back to it. I have so many WIPs that it's overwhelming and makes me lose interest. Then I start with one and it motivates me to do more. Kind of like the Missing U blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are cute! I really love making little tiny mini mini quilts! Getting in a funk just happens, getting out is a bit harder! But it happens and then with a snap of the fingers we become renewed and excited again. I don't think it's anything that can be hurried along...it'll happen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to use up loved fabric and I'm so glad it helped with your sewing funk. Small projects have helped me in the past, too, but I haven't found one magic cure for every lull in quilting excitement.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think these are adorable. Great job binding such small projects. This may sound funny, but I like looking at other people's finished projects to help motivate me. After a little while I think, "why am I looking at all this when I can be doing something myself?"

    ReplyDelete
  6. So Sweet and I just love improv!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great mug rugs and so nice to make something for yourself.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment