Midnight Mystery Quilt Finish

A few months ago, Cheryl of Meadow Mist Designs launched her Midnight Mystery Quilt-along and although I didn't have time back then to sew along with everyone, I signed up because I love Cheryl's designs and knew I'd want to make the quilt eventually.

And when a member of my team announced he was getting married this summer, I decided the Midnight Mystery quilt would be perfect for the occasion.

He told me his wedding colours were purple and gold so I went with Kona Eggplant, Kona Sunny, Kona White and Kona Ash for the background.


I absolutely love it!  The design is so perfect for solids - so striking!  I wanted the quilting to be discreet so I went with wavy horizontal lines in a lovely purple thread.


For the backing and binding, I purchased a gorgeous lavender print.


The finished size is 72" square - perfect for the newlyweds to cuddle under on the couch.  And now that it's finished, it will make its way to Jersey City later this month.

And with that, project number 4 on my Q2 FAL list is done, done!  :-)



I will also be linking up at Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish It Up Friday and at Devoted Quilter for TGIFF.

Comments

  1. You're right: solids are great for this design, and I love the sunny/eggplant combination... lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This quilt turned out great in solids. It's a wonderful wedding gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic finish! I love the colours and your quilting. My Mystery Quilt is still waiting to be quilted but I might make it my goal for June after seeing yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous colour combination! I love Cheryl's designs too and this one is a favourite. Great finish, and thanks for linking with TGIFF this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love, love your version of the Midnight Mystery Quilt! Great color and quilting choices!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I love the colors...and the pattern is great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous! Thanks for participating in the 2016 FAL on behalf of the global hosts :o)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment