A Modern Crosses Finish

Well, I did it! At the beginning of February, for A Lovely Year of Finishes, I said I wanted to finish Modern Crosses this month and I had to stay up a little late this week, but it's done.

And I LOVE it! :-)

There are numerous different fabrics in there, as well as some Kona Snow. The blocks finish in three different sizes: 3", 6" and 12". The quilt was designed by Elizabeth Hartman who blogs at Oh, Fransson! Elizabeth also teaches this particular quilt pattern in her Craftsy class (which I really, really like!).

The backing is a more traditional print which I have had in my stash forever. I also used a few of the leftover blocks to piece the label right into the backing.

The binding is a really cool chevron print.

I quilted spirals in different sizes. I like the curves of the spirals against the sharp lines and angles of the piecing. And the quilting was really quick and easy with my FMQ foot. They are not perfect, but they are good enough and they give the quilt a really nice texture.

Modern Crosses measures 60" square and will most likely live on the living room couch, just waiting for someone to snuggle with while watching TV.

Linking up at Crazy Mom Quilts, My Quilt Infatuation, Mila and Cuatro for TGIFF and at ALYOF.

Have a great weekend!

Izzy

 

Comments

  1. An amazing finish! The quilting is lovely

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous finish - love your modern crosses quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks awesome!! Way to go. I love the binding and the FMQ that you did on it too. Great work :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The binding is fantastic - I'm a big fan of Elizabeth Hartman's work, so this gets an A+ from me! I have one of her books but haven't taken her craftsy class. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! The quilting, the colors, the size of the blocks, I just love it! Great finish,,,thanks for sharing and inspiring others.

    ReplyDelete
  6. visiting from TGIFF. What a stunning quilt. You must be thrilled, I would be if I made it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good job!! LeeAnna Paylor Not Afraid of Color! lapaylor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the color and design of the easy to make quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful crosses and great quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the scrappy modern feel to this quilt. Nice finish.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful quilting. Love the bright colours....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all the elements of this quilt...the modern crosses, the colors and the quilting! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is absolutely spectacular!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE it!!! Everything about it is great. The binding is very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome!! I really love it! The colors are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE this Izzy! The different block sizes make it so interesting, and your colors are so fresh!

    Thanks so much for sharing at Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love cross quilts and the combination of the greens and blues. I also love the large swirls, about how far apart are your sewing lines?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the finished product! Your fmq spirals are so good. I tried that once and it was just horrible so I've adopted using the walking foot for spirals.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment