WIP Wednesday... Bored!

I haven't done a WIP post in a little while so I thought I'd share what's going on in my sewing room this week.

But before I do that, I need to give you a little background... A few months ago, my sweetie mentioned that he would really like me to make new curtains for the living room at the cottage. Now, I am not a big fan of sewing anything but quilty things. So I decided to make quilt tops, back them with a solid fabric and sew them together to make my curtains.

This is a country cottage, decorated in mostly earth tones - browns, beiges, greens. And my sweetie wanted something dark so that people couldn't see inside when the curtains were closed.

So I went through my stash of "traditional" fabric, picked a few I sort of liked still and got started.

And this is where I am now...

A stack of 20 15" Card Trick blocks ready to assemble into two panels.

But all that brown bored me to death so I needed to cut into something a little more lively. I took out the Riley Blake challenge fabric bundle and cut a bunch of 3" squares. Here they are... All piled neatly waiting for assembly.

I'm going to have a little bit of sewing time tomorrow night... I need to decide whether I want to continue with the curtains or start sewing my Riley Blake Challenge quilt. Decisions, decisions... :-)

I will be linking up at Lee's for WIP Wednesday this week - check it out by clicking the button in my sidebar.

Oh and don't forget to come back here on Friday for Blogathon Canada! There will be prizes...

See you then!

Izzy

 

Comments

  1. Good for you! It's a little heavy for my taste too, but nice work finding a great use for it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Card trick is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made that block as part of the block of the month I am doing with the quilt shop. It was one of the enjoyable ones to make.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment