Apple Squares Anyone?

I have another finish to share with you all today! I'm on a roll... :-)

This finish is my September goal for a Lovely Year of Finishes (you can read the goal-setting post here).


I'm calling this quilt "Apple Squares" because I used the Little Apples fabric collection by Aneela Hoey and the pattern of course is granny squares. It measures about 50" x 78". The background is Kona Snow and the binding is made from some leftover jelly roll strip of the same fabric collection.

I quilted it with straight"ish" lines on the diagonal and I love the texture now that it's been washed. The backing is a really fun print I found at my local fabric store. And I made my own label (I learned how to do labels that way from reading Kelly's blog).

I'm super happy with this finish and cannot wait to cuddle with it on the couch!

I will be linking up at My Quilt Infatuation, Crazy Mom's Quilts and TGIFF (which is over at Cherry Valley Designs this week). And of course, I'll be linking this finish over at ALYOF (button in my sidebar).

Have a fabulous weekend!

Izzy

 

Comments

  1. What a pretty quilt! I love finishing a project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is wonderful to see this finished! Great job. It is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are SO on a roll! I love this one!

    Thank you so much for linking up with Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quilt and the granny squares are so effective. Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty and I love the label you made for it :) Thanks for linking up with TGIFF ... Megan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, yay, yay! You've been busy, Izzy! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great - love the binding. I love the texture from the quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ohhhhhhh... awesome! Congrats on the finish it is a lovely quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful. I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment