Pandora's Box Ready for Gifting

Pandora's Box is all done!  As I said in my last post, I quilted it last weekend and put the binding on it a couple of nights ago.

Pandora_Finished1

I used a Rural Jardin by French General jelly roll to piece as well as some yardage for the outer border.  I chose a tone on tone red fabric for the binding.   The design is from Pam and Nicky Lintott and I found it in the book "Jelly Roll Quilts".  The quilt finishes at 52" x 76".

Pandora_Finished2

I quilted Pandora's Box with some stitch in the ditch around each block and then on the diagonal with my walking foot.  In the border, I quilted straight lines and some wavy lines about 1/2" apart.

Pandora_Finished3

It was pretty windy outside this afternoon so I had a hard time getting some decent pictures, but I was super happy to be outside for photos after many months of having to take pictures indoors.

This finish will be given to its new owner, my beautiful daughter-in-law Deb, on Saturday when her and my step-son come over for dinner at the cottage.

Since this is my April goal for A Lovely Year of Finishes, I will be linking up at the end of the month.  I will also be linking up at AmandaJean's for Finish It Up Friday and at Erin's for TGIFF.

A Lovely Year of Finishes



Have a fabulous weekend everyone!

Izzy

Comments

  1. Such a pretty quilt. French General fabric is so nice. I love the fabric you chose to go with it in the border, too. I'm sure your DIL will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This quilt is very pretty and I'm sure she'll love it! I like the jelly roll pattern. I have that book and never noticed it before. Now I will have to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finish Izzy. Loving the red, white and blue. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely quilt. the colours of the French General blend so well together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your finish!
    Esther

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on reaching your April goal! I'm sure you DDL will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colors and the design. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is barely half way through the month and you have a gorgeous finish Izzy! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a pretty quilt. Your daughter-in-law is going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the French General fabrics and this is such a pretty quilt! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is my first visit (through TGIFF) and I simply love the French General fabric you used. Congratulations on the Year of Finishes as well. I will be following from now onto see all the future quilts you work on!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done on the finish. This is my favourite French General fabric ever! It looks great in your quilt too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those reds really make it shine :-) She is sure to love it!!! The quilting is perfect for the pattern Izzy! Congratulations on a beautiful finish.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment