Vacation Finishes!

In my last post, I mentioned that although I was on vacation for 2 weeks, I really didn't get as much sewing done as I was hoping.  Today, I'd like to share what I did manage to get finished.

Scrappy Log Cabins made from my scraps


This quilt top was completed in January 2010 and it had been sitting in storage (with the rest of my finished, but unquilted tops!) ever since.  Then during the holidays, I was invited to a New Year's Eve dinner at my brother's house.  My father and his wife were going to be there and Ginette (my dad's wife) was the only woman of my family who had yet to receive a quilt from me.  Given the very short notice, I didn't think I would be able to get anything done for her for December 31, so I went through my finished tops and found this one, which I thought would be perfect.

I spent one day quilting and binding it and there it was!  Ready to be wrapped and offered as a gift.  I'm happy to report that she loved it!  :-)  She even said she was starting to get jealous of everyone else's quilts and was wondering when hers would come!

I found this scrappy log cabin pattern in a book called Lots of Scraps - It's Time to Quilt by Jeanne Stauffer and Diane Schmidt (published in September 2008).  I loved making it and the Log Cabin block became my favourite block because of that quilt.

My next "sorta" finish is Two Percent in Veranda.  You'll remember that right before Christmas, I had started cutting the Layer Cakes I ordered.  This one I'm absolutely in love with.  The pattern is from Carrie Nelson's Another Bite of Schnibbles and is my very first "big" Schnibble.

Two Percent in Veranda


The colours in this fabric collection are fabulous - vibrant and happy - and perfect for my bedroom at the cottage!  I bought a king size flat sheet in a beautiful soft green for the backing and I'm going to try to have this one quilted and "really" finished over the next few weekends.

That's it for now.  Talk to you all later!

Comments

  1. The scrappy log cabins is fabulous! Glad she liked it too :)
    The Two percent is massive!! How will you quilt it?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment