I can come back inside now...

I know I've been gone a while, but I was outside playing with the kids, the dog and basically just enjoying the nice weather. We had an outstanding summer here in Quebec this year and I'm just so grateful to Mother Nature that I didn't want to spend one minute inside if I didn't absolutely have to.

Which meant no quilting (or very little quilting) and no blogging about quilting. But September is around the corner, with it the cooler and rainier weather so I'll be back to quilting and blogging every week.

I got started this weekend (thanks to Irene) and decided to piece a backing for and quilt my Log Cabins Hidden Stars top. The top had been sitting there for more than a year and when I took it out this past week to have a look, it suddenly occurred to me that this would be the perfect little nap quilt for my nephew Rafael who's turning 3 in September.

Rafa is one of those kids who laughs and smiles, but most of the time, looks so serious. I know you can't really tell from the picture, but there are 2 fabrics in there that I love - one is all about zoo animals (boys love those) and the other is all about peace and love and living in harmony with Nature. The colours are nice and soft which again, is perfect for this 3 year-old boy. I cannot wait to give it to him!



I also cut and pieced a set of 4 placemats this weekend. All 4 are now basted and ready for quilting and binding next week. I'll take pictures when they are finished and post them here.

Oh - and a progress report on the budget. Things have been going really, really well. I managed to use my credit card only once over the whole summer and when I re-negociated my mortgage this month, I managed to get such a good rate that it will be paid off in 5 years (instead of 12!!!)

That's it for now! Talk to you all later!

Comments

  1. Sounds like you had a nice summer :-) Your quilt is really cute.....I'm sure he'll love it ! We had some effects from Irene, but not too much. Just some wind and a little rain. Glad it's over for everyone.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment