Fun in the Sun!


In my last post, I said I had finished "Charming Flowers". I finally took a picture of it this weekend so here it is...
I really like it and enjoyed making it because it was so easy. Just 5" squares and just a few stars made of fat 1/4s here and there.
It was a little rainy this weekend in the country, so I had lots of time for quilting. I actually started cutting pieces when we got to the country Friday night and by the time bedtime came around Saturday night, I had finished the top!
This new quilt was based on a pattern called "Home for the Holidays" and was supposed to be made with beautiful greens and reds, but I used greens and purples for my version. It turned out so beautiful, I think I'll offer it to a colleague who is getting married in September. Purple is her favourite colour. I'll try to remember to take a picture of the quilt top next weekend and post it here.
I also had a little bit of time to work on our youngest's vest this weekend, but ran out of patience so it's been put aside for now. I find sewing children's clothing so much more difficult and tedious than quilting, even when having to cut these tiny little squares or triangles!
Anyhow, had a great, great weekend and Sunday was so beautiful, I even managed to get a bit of a tan!


Comments